Here are some key dates for the first part of 2018…..
- National Living Wage for workers aged 25 and over will increase to £7.83 per hour.
- Taxation of termination payments – All notice pay to be treated as earnings and subject to tax and national insurance contributions (subject to finalised Finance Bill)
- Existing child care voucher scheme closes to new entrants
- Employers will not be able to claim the Employment Allowance for one year if they have:
- Hired an illegal worker
- Been penalised by the Home Office
- Exhausted all appeal rights against that penalty
- General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) to replace current Data Protection legislation